1M Dead from Coronavirus, 60% Under Biden — Who Had the Vaccine

His Fraudulency Joe Biden marked the one-millionth American death from the China Flu on Thursday without apologizing for his devastating mishandling of the pandemic.

When Biden was sworn in as president on January 20, 2021, roughly 400,000 Americans had already died from the coronavirus.

Since Joe Biden took office, roughly 600,000 more have died.

Share

Federal Government Targets Non-Restricted Firearms With New Rules

The federal government has announced a new set of rules that will apply to non-restricted firearms, which it says is aimed at reducing gun violence, while critics say it is a resurrection of the long-gun registry.

As of May 18, firearms businesses will be required to retain sales and inventory records related to non-restricted firearms, as they did until 2005.

The measure was repealed after it was made obsolete by the creation of the long-gun registry in 1998. The long-gun registry was scrapped by the Stephen Harper government in 2012 through Bill C-19.

Share

All Eyes on the Vatican After Cardinal Zen’s Arrest by ChiComs

… The arrest of a prominent Cardinal by the Chinese government raises some uncomfortable and delicate questions about the cozy relationship that Pope Francis’s Vatican has fostered with Beijing. In addition, one has to wonder if Zen’s own strained relationship with the pope—due in part to that close Rome/Beijing relationship—will result in a muted response from the Vatican about this outrageous act by the Chinese government.

Share

Nigerian Presidential Aspirant: It was cool marrying a 13 year old

Nothing wrong marrying 13-year-old, says APC presidential aspirant Yerima

Former Zamfara governor and presidential aspirant under the All Progressives Congress (APC), Sani Yerima, says he did nothing wrong marrying a 13-year old girl.

Mr Yerima justified marrying a 13-year-old Egyptian girl when he appeared on Channels TV on Tuesday

The 2009 marriage generated much criticisms among child rights activists at the time but Mr Yerima insists he did not contravene any Nigerian law.

“If I had done anything wrong, I would have been tried in court. NAPTIP wanted to try the case and they dropped the matter because I didn’t do anything wrong,” Mr Yerima said.

Share

UN: There is ‘credible’ information Ukrainian forces are torturing Russian POWs – as Ukraine set to launch 1st War Crimes Trials

There is “credible” information that Russian prisoners of war have been mistreated by Ukrainian forces since the beginning of the Russian invasion in February, a United Nations official said.

The evidence suggests that Russia is not the only country willing to break international norms during war, as the U.N. reports that Ukrainian forces have subjected Russians under their watch to treatment that violates international law, Matilda Bogner, head of the U.N. Human Rights Monitoring Mission in Ukraine, said Tuesday.


Ukraine prosecutors ready to launch first war crimes trials of Russia conflict

Three Russian prisoners of war accused of targeting or murdering civilians, and a soldier who allegedly killed a man before raping his wife, are set to be in the dock in the first war crimes trials of the Ukraine conflict, the Ukrainian prosecutor general has revealed.

More than 10,700 crimes have been registered since the war began by the office of Ukraine’s prosecutor general, led by Iryna Venediktova, and a handful of cases have now been filed or are ready to be submitted in what marks a watershed moment two months into the war.

Share

Followers of QAnon ‘Queen of Canada’ face mounting problems after being convinced utilities are free

After being persuaded to disregard bill payments by a Filipino QAnon influencer who told her followers that she is the Queen of Canada, believers are now facing thousands of dollars’ worth of bills and utility outages.

Romana Didulo rose to popularity over the last two years after several QAnon influencers “confirmed” that she had sovereign power over Canada, growing over 70,000 followers on the instant messaging platform Telegram.

???

Share

Ukraine conflict: Russian soldiers seen shooting dead unarmed civilians

When Leonid Pliats and his boss were shot in the back by Russian soldiers, the killing was captured on CCTV cameras in clear and terrible detail. The footage, which was obtained by the BBC, is now being investigated by Ukrainian prosecutors as a suspected war crime.

It was the height of the fighting around Kyiv and the main roads into the capital were a battlefield, including around the bicycle shop where Leonid worked as a security guard.

But this was no firefight: the video clearly shows heavily armed Russian soldiers shooting the two unarmed Ukrainians and then looting the business.

Share

Finland must apply to join Nato without delay, say president and PM

Finland must apply to join Nato without delay in the wake of Russia’s attack on Ukraine, its president and prime minister have said, confirming a historic change in the Nordic country’s security policy after decades of military non-alignment.

Sauli Niinistö and Sanna Marin made the call in a joint statement, adding: “We hope that the national steps still needed to make this decision will be taken rapidly within the next few days.”

Nato membership would strengthen Finland’s security, the two leaders said, and as a member of Nato: “Finland would strengthen the entire defence alliance. Finland must apply for Nato membership as a matter of urgency.”


Update – Finland Nato: Russia threatens to retaliate over membership move

Russia has said it will be forced to take “retaliatory steps” over its neighbour Finland’s move to join Nato.

A foreign ministry statement said the move would seriously damage bilateral relations, as well as security and stability in northern Europe.

Earlier, Finland’s president and PM called for the country to apply for Nato membership “without delay”.

Share

Conservative leadership debate round up

CTV – Poilievre’s crypto policy questioned, and other notable moments from the English

Conservative Party of Canada leadership hopefuls Scott Aitchison, Roman Baber, Patrick Brown, Jean Charest, Leslyn Lewis, and Pierre Poilievre squared off in the first official party debate on Wednesday night in Edmonton, Alta.

From policy conversations to some digs at each other, interrupted at times by a sad trombone buzzer cutting debaters off, here are some key moments from the English-language debate.


NATPO – First official Conservative leadership debate features calmer candidates, paddles and sad trombones

Conservative leadership hopefuls held a tamer but occasionally circus-sounding debate that covered topics from abortion to their favourite music, with format and moderator criticized for stifling candidates’ answers.

It was the first time all six leadership contenders — Scott Aitchison, Roman Baber, Patrick Brown, Jean Charest, Leslyn Lewis and Pierre Poilievre — faced off in the first of two official debates organized by the Conservative Party of Canada.


CBC – Conservative candidates spar over inflation, abortion — and TV shows — in an unusual leadership debate

Conservative leadership candidates took the stage Wednesday in Edmonton for what turned into an unorthodox, wide-ranging debate that featured discussions about the war in Ukraine, abortion and supply management — with detours on the topics of binge-worthy TV shows and the candidates’ current reading lists.

Debate moderator Tom Clark, a former veteran political journalist, promised a debate heavy on policy issues and free of interruptions, which was largely the case for the the bulk of the debate.

Conservative MP Pierre Poilievre, the perceived front-runner in the contest to replace Erin O’Toole, focused most of his speaking time on economic issues, the cost of living and surging inflation figures.


Global – Conservative leadership hopefuls debate future of party, trade Netflix suggestions

The six candidates for the Conservative leadership squared off in Edmonton Wednesday night in a debate that showcased their differing visions for the future of the party, and also what they’re currently watching on Netflix.

After a fractious unofficial debate in Ottawa last week, the Conservative party used the leadership contest’s single English-language debate to try and highlight the candidates’ lighter side — including questions about what music they listen to, what they’re currently reading, and the last thing they “binge watched.”


It was dull as dishwater and the CPC Brain Trust’s choice of moderator was an eye-opener. I’m convinced they want to lose.

No change for me, much as I like Poilievre’s scrappiness he can’t change the CPC. LPC 2.0 is what they want to be.

The CPC leaders support mass immigration and mass baby killing, except Lewis. Go figure.

Mass immigration benefits no one except the corporate class at the expense of working people. They love their slaves.

Share

More Islamic Death Threats in Europe: Dutch MP Targeted Twice

Last month, a Dutch Member of Parliament, Geert Wilders — the leader of the Party for Freedom, which is the largest opposition party in the Netherlands’ Parliament — received two fatwasFatwas, officially, are Islamic religious opinions; they sometimes contain calls, however, to kill whomever might be considered insufficiently supportive of Islam or its prophet, Mohammad.

Wilders has dedicated his life to supporting freedom of speech and religious tolerance, and pointing out problems in radical, violent Islamist extremism. Because of this, he has been the target of frequent death threats by Islamist leaders. There are many who appear to prefer religious conformity, restricted speech and often the death penalty for what they might consider blasphemy.

Share

A Cause, Not a Cure

Though the New York Times touts its findings, a new study provides further evidence that “gender-affirming” therapy creates or prolongs the very problem it purports to solve.

Last week, the New York Times reported on a “first of its kind” study purporting to show that a “vast majority” of “transgender children” continue to identify as transgender five years after they begin their “social transition.” According to the study’s lead investigator, Princeton University psychologist Kristina Olson, only 2.5 percent of the children tracked over that period reverted to the sex they were “assigned at birth.” An additional 3.5 percent identified as “nonbinary,” leaving 94 percent who persisted in their cross-sex identification.

Share

Europe’s publishers self-censor on Islam

 

When Rushdie was published, bookstores were attacked and others refused to sell the book, but the publisher stood firm. Not today.

When Salman Rushdie published The Satanic Verses in 1989, Viking Penguin, the British and American publisher of the novel, was subjected to daily threats from Islamists. As Daniel Pipes wrote, the London office resembled “a battlefield”, with police on guard, metal detectors and an escort for visitors. At the New York office, trained dogs sniffed mail packages and the offices were called a “sensitive place.”

Many bookstores were attacked and many others refused to sell the book. Viking spent three million dollars on security measures, but it never faltered. Today, Western publishers all self-censor. And London capitulates to intimidation.

Share

The slimy hand of Soros emerges in abortion protest outrages

Crazed abortion protestors illegally descended upon the homes of several Supreme Court justices in a bid to influence their upcoming ruling on Roe v. Wade, a ruling so badly reasoned back in 1973 that even liberal but principled Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg had misgivings about its legal grounding. According to Fox News, their descent, led by a badly named group called “Ruth Sent Us” was in violation of 18 USC 1503, which “prohibits ‘endeavors to influence, intimidate or impede… officers of [the] court’.”

Share