Supreme Court orders new trial for Ontario man in fatal shooting of First Nations member Jon Styres

The Supreme Court of Canada has ruled that Peter Khill, a Hamilton-area man who was initially acquitted in the 2016 shooting death of Jon Styres, must face a new trial.

The trial judge failed to give instructions to jurors on the way in which Khill’s role in the shooting should be used to assess the reasonableness of his conduct, Justice Sheilah L. Martin, in writing for the majority, said in the decision released Thursday.

“Mr. Khill’s role in the incident should have been expressly drawn to the attention of the jury,” Martin wrote. “The absence of any explanation concerning the legal significance of Mr. Khill’s role in the incident was a serious error.”

Share

Germany: Cologne Mosques to Begin Outdoor Broadcasting of Muslim Call to Prayer

Acceding to demands from Islamic organizations sponsored by the Turkish government, the city of Cologne, once a stronghold of Christendom in Germany, has authorized mosques in the city to begin sounding Muslim calls to prayer over outdoor loudspeakers. The move, ostensibly aimed at promoting multicultural diversity and inclusion, represents a significant step toward the cultural normalization of Islam in Germany. It is taking German multiculturalism into uncharted territory.

Observers believe that Cologne — famous for its cathedral, the largest Gothic church in northern Europe — is establishing a national precedent, and that many of the more than 3,000 mosques in Germany will soon also begin publicly calling Muslims to prayer. They say that German towns and cities will evoke the sounds and images of the Islamic Middle East.

Share

Neighbour wins privacy row over smart doorbell and cameras

A judge has ruled that security cameras and a Ring doorbell installed in a house in Oxfordshire “unjustifiably invaded” the privacy of a neighbour, in a case that could have implications for home surveillance devices.

Dr Mary Fairhurst claimed that the devices installed on the house of neighbour Jon Woodard broke data laws and contributed to harassment.

The judge upheld both these claims.

Mr Woodard now faces a substantial fine.

Share

‘A lull not a loss’: Islamic State is rebuilding in Syria, say Kurdish forces

On a blazing afternoon in Syria’s eastern desert this month, a Kurdish commander was hot under the collar. An American raid had just taken place against remnants of Islamic State (IS), and Lukman Khalil, the region’s most senior military leader, had known nothing about it.

The US forces had flown across the wasteland of the terrorist group’s last redoubt. Three years ago it was teeming with diehard IS members, but when thousands of holdouts emerged from the decimated town of Baghuz, the war against the so-called caliphate was won, or so it seemed.

“People couldn’t be more wrong,” said Khalil. “[IS] thinks this was a lull, not a loss. And now they’re back to fighting us from the shadows.”

Share

Reading stabbings: Islamist Khairi Saadallah refused appeal against whole-life term

A terrorist who murdered three men in a Reading park has been denied permission to appeal his whole-life jail term.

Khairi Saadallah Muslim Terrorist

Khairi Saadallah, 27, stabbed James Furlong, 36, David Wails, 49, and 39-year-old Joe Ritchie-Bennett in June last year in Forbury Gardens.

He was sentenced in January after admitting to the murders and three attempted murders.

The Court of Appeal ruled there was “no substance” to Saadallah’s criticisms towards the judge who sentenced him.

Share

Dear America: Don’t Become Canada

An obviously aroused Justin Trudeau abandons all sense of decorum while prancing about at a Gay Pride event.

Canada was the first “woke nation” on the planet.

If you missed Canada’s election late last month, you can be forgiven. It ended just like the last two before it: with Justin Trudeau’s left-wing Liberal Party handedly beating out the Conservative opposition just as most predicted. Being the perennial party of choice for the financial and media elite in Toronto and Montreal, the Liberals have won a whopping 75 percent of Canada’s elections since 1900, making the country resemble a kind of one-party-state of sorts.

Share

Conservative Party’s national council suspends Ontario councillor Chen for launching petition to oust O’Toole

The national council of the Conservative Party has suspended elected Ontario councillor Bert Chen for two months for launching the petition to recall Erin O’Toole as party leader.

“Following complaints by grassroots members of the Conservative Party of Canada about the conduct of national councillor Bert Chen, national council exercised its authority under Article 8.13 of the party’s constitution to suspend Mr. Chen from national council for up to 60 days,” said Conservative Party president Robert Batherson in an emailed statement to The Hill Times.

Share

Trudeau’s scandalous collaboration with Communist China’s slave regime delayed made-in-Canada COVID-19 vaccine plans

Failed deal with China delayed made-in-Canada COVID-19 vaccine plans

The federal government’s failed collaboration with a vaccine manufacturing company in China early in the pandemic has led to a delay of nearly two years in efforts to create a made-in-Canada COVID-19 vaccine.

Government documents obtained by The Fifth Estate show that Canadian officials wasted months waiting for a proposed vaccine to arrive from China for further testing and spent millions upgrading a production facility that never made a single dose of COVID-19 vaccine.

The National Research Council of Canada (NRC) signed an agreement with Tianjin-based CanSino Biologics in early May 2020 to “fast-track the availability of a COVID-19 vaccine in Canada for emergency pandemic use.”

Share

Ontario reports 417 new Covid cases … and the 4 million Mixxy Matchy Vaxxed best not make travel plans

Ontario reports 417 new Covid cases … and the 4 million Mixxy Matchy Vaxxed best not make travel plans

Ontario reports 417 new COVID-19 cases, 3 more deaths

Ontario is reporting just over 400 new COVID-19 cases today as the seven-day average dips below 500 for the first time in several weeks.

Provincial health officials logged 417 new COVID-19 infections today, up from 306 on Wednesday but down from 587 one week ago.


The U.S. land border is reopening, but Canadians with mixed vaccines are still in limbo

While it’s welcome news that the U.S. will reopen its shared land border with Canada to non-essential travel in early November, some Canadians with mixed vaccine doses aren’t celebrating just yet.

That’s because at the same time the U.S. reopens the land border, it will start requiring that foreign land and air travellers entering the country be fully vaccinated.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) currently doesn’t recognize mixed COVID-19 vaccines — such as one dose of AstraZeneca, and one dose of Pfizer or Moderna — and hasn’t yet said if travellers with two different doses will be blocked from entry when the vaccine requirement kicks in.

I am beginning to suspect the government will not kick up much of a fuss if the US keeps its ban as it considers the restricted travel of 4 million mixed vaxxers a good thing helping to prevent virus spread. 


Doug Ford expected to lift COVID-19 capacity restrictions for restaurants, bars and gyms as part of ‘pandemic plan 2.0’

Premier Doug Ford will lift COVID-19 capacity limits in restaurants, bars, and gyms when he unveils additional benchmarks for further reopening Ontario’s economy.

Ford, who is expected to meet with reporters Friday, hopes to deliver encouraging news for restaurateurs and others — such as publicans and fitness centre owners — who are concerned about restrictions on their businesses.

Share

Katie Couric covered up RBG’s dislike for taking the knee: Anchor says she edited 2016 interview to ‘protect’ the justice after she said people who kneel are showing ‘contempt for a government that made a decent life possible’

Katie Couric has admitted to ‘protecting’ Ruth Bader Ginsburg from public backlash by cutting out negative comments she made about people who kneel during the national anthem.

The former Today show host reveals in her new book that she let her personal political views influence her editing decisions during her 2016 interview with the late Supreme Court justice.

Share

Norway bow-and-arrow attack appears to be ‘act of terror’, domestic security service says, follow-up violence a risk

The bow and arrow incident in Norway’s Kongsberg appears to be an act of terrorism, the country’s security services have reported. The attack by a suspected Islamist claimed five lives and left two people injured.

Further investigation into the details of the attack and the motives behind it is still required, the Norwegian Police Security Service (PST) said in a statement. The domestic security service pledged its support to the police force in the investigation and said it still considered the terrorist threat in Norway to be “moderate”.

Share