Female Suicide Bomber Blows Up 3 ChiComs in Karachi Pakistan

Three Chinese nationals and their Pakistani driver were killed in an explosion in the southern city of Karachi, police say.

The blast ripped through their van, injuring at least four others near the university’s Confucius Institute.

Police have yet to determine the cause of the blast – but the separatist Baloch Liberation Army said the van was attacked by a female suicide bomber.

The group opposes Chinese investment in Pakistan, saying locals do not benefit.

Share

‘Long Overdue’: Rep. Elise Stefanik Confirms Investigation Of FBI’s Role In Deadly Limo Crash

… The limousine crash, which occurred on Oct. 6, 2018, killed 20 people, including 17 passengers, the driver and two bystanders, according to New York State Police. The owner of the limousine company, Shahed Hussain, was a long-time FBI informant who allegedly “lied on tax returns and immigration papers, misled FBI handlers, committed bankruptcy fraud, and racked up hotel code violations and tens of thousands in unpaid property taxes with no consequences,” according to Stefanik.

Share

Federal watchdog warns Canada’s 2030 emissions target may not be achievable

Canada’s environment commissioner said Tuesday the country may not be able to reach its 2030 emissions reductions targets because the federal government’s current plan is based on “unrealistic” assumptions about the role hydrogen will play in the energy mix in years to come.

The commissioner, Jerry DeMarco, released a series of audits today that document the federal government’s environment-related shortcomings — including its failure to produce a meaningful “just transition” plan for energy workers displaced by the transition to a low-carbon economy and the uneven application of a supposedly national price on carbon emissions.

But DeMarco was perhaps most scathing in his assessment of the government’s hydrogen strategy, which he said is based on “overly optimistic” assumptions that “compromise the credibility” of the government’s entire emissions reduction plan.

Share

Ukrainian gov’t apologizes for showing Emperor Hirohito’s photo next to Hitler’s in video

… The original video was posted on April 1 and had been going viral since April 23, drawing mounting criticism online and elsewhere. One person critical of the footage posted a comment saying, “It equated Emperor Showa with Hitler.”

In response, the Ukrainian government tweeted, “Our sincere apologies for making a mistake in the previous version of the video. We had no intention to offend the friendly people of Japan.” It has accordingly taken down Emperor Showa’s photo from the footage.

Touchy Touchy! He was an ally to Hitler and Mussolini.

Share

Raheel Raza: As a practising Muslim, I find Al-Quds Day abhorrent

Al Quds Day – Queen’s Park Toronto

On April 24, there was an anti-Israel rally in downtown Toronto, at which participants could be heard shouting “God is great” after it was announced that Israel had been hit by two rockets. Such hate-filled events are not uncommon in Toronto, as we witness every year at the Al-Quds Day parade. As a practising Muslim observing the sanctity of the holy month of Ramadan — which is about contemplation, reflection and the renewal of our ethics and morals — I feel I must speak out.

If you are one of those who have self-righteously preached to the rest of us about the benefits of diversity and multiculturalism then don’t act shocked.

You reap what you sow.

Enjoy your Islamophobia!

Share

Russia accuses Nato of ‘proxy war’ in Ukraine as US hosts crucial defence summit

Russia’s foreign minister has accused Nato of fighting a proxy war by supplying military aid to Ukraine, as defence ministers gathered in Germany for US-hosted talks on supporting Ukraine through what one US general called a “very critical” few weeks.

Sergei Lavrov told Russian state media: “Nato, in essence, is engaged in a war with Russia through a proxy and is arming that proxy. War means war.”

He also warned that the risks of nuclear conflict were now “considerable” – a claim Ukraine’s foreign minister, Dmytro Kuleba, said showed Moscow had lost its “last hope to scare the world off supporting Ukraine”.


Ukraine war: Ukraine can hit Russian soil with UK weapons says Minister

It would be acceptable for Ukrainian forces to use Western weapons to attack military targets on Russian soil, a UK defence minister has said.

James Heappey said strikes to disrupt supply lines were an “entirely legitimate” part of war.

Russia’s foreign minister Sergei Lavrov has accused Nato of engaging in a proxy war and said weapons delivered by the West to Ukraine would be fair targets.

Share

New video shows moment before Halyna Hutchins shot by Alec Baldwin on ‘Rust’ set

Video apparently taken moments before cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was shot dead by Alec Baldwin on the set of “Rust” was revealed Monday.

The clip, contained in a trove of documents released by the Santa Fe, New Mexico Sheriff’s Office, was taken by Hutchins on the day of the shooting in a mock church at the Bonanza Creek Ranch. It shows Baldwin, 64, rehearsing a “cross draw” on the set of the doomed Western movie.

Share

FUREY: The inquiry is about holding Trudeau to account, not the convoy

Was Prime Minister Justin Trudeau right to invoke the Emergencies Act for the first time in Canadian history as a way to deal with the trucker convoy in Ottawa?

That’s the primary question that needs to be addressed by the public inquiry that the Liberal government was compelled by legislation to convene.

Yet it looks like Trudeau is already trying to get in the way of the question even being asked.

Share

CBC Experts warn sky is falling after Elon Musk buys Twitter

Human rights groups raise hate speech concerns after Musk’s Twitter takeover

… While some American Conservatives cheered the prospect of fewer controls, human rights activists voiced fears of a rise in hate speech.

Deborah Brown, a digital rights researcher and advocate at Human Rights Watch, said that regardless of who owns Twitter, the company has the responsibility to respect the human rights of people around the world, who rely on the platform.

“Freedom of expression is not an absolute right, which is why Twitter needs to invest in efforts to keep its most vulnerable users safe on the platform.”

Liberal Nazis.


Twitter fears sabotage by left-wing staff after Musk takeover: Employees are BLOCKED from making updates after calling deal ‘dangerous for democracy’ – and hysterical liberal celebs threaten to QUIT the site

Twitter has blocked its developers from making changes to the app to prevent it being sabotaged by left-wing staff angry at Elon Musk’s $44billion takeover – amid an outbreak of hysteria among liberal social media personalities who are threatening to quit the social media giant.

The Tesla founder said he wanted to re-establish the principle of free speech on the platform and has joined criticism of its moderation policies which are accused of disproportionately targeting conservative voices, but his critics claim he will allow ‘hate to flourish’.

Twitter has now banned any product updates that are not ‘business-critical’, with the company’s vice-president required to give approval for any to go ahead. The move aims to prevent angry staff from ‘going rogue’, a source told Bloomberg, and comes after employees dismissed Musk as ‘dangerous to democracy’.

Share

Jean Charest vows to repeal consumer carbon price plan if elected Conservative leader

Conservative leadership candidate Jean Charest is promising to repeal the Liberal government’s consumer carbon price and eliminate the federal portion of the HST on low-carbon purchases.

He also pledges to stick with an older target for reducing the country’s greenhouse-gas emissions by 2030 should he win the Sept. 10 leadership election – and return the Conservatives to power.

… To incentivize Canadians to reduce their own carbon footprints, Charest’s plan pitches eliminating the federal part of the HST on purchases such as electric vehicles, Energy Star appliances and high-efficiency windows.

Share

AFN national chief asks UN to investigate Canada’s role in residential schools

United Nations UN Beaver

Assembly of First Nations National Chief RoseAnne Archibald asked the United Nations on Monday to launch an investigation into Canada’s possible role in violations of human rights associated with residential schools.

Archibald said she wants the UN Special Rapporteur on the rights of Indigenous Peoples, along with other UN officials, to probe Canada’s role in the residential school system in response to the reported discovery near former residential school sites of hundreds of unmarked graves believed to contain the remains of children.

Share

Border blockades had little effect on trade, data reveals … but Emergencies Act!

Despite the highly publicized blockades at Ontario’s Ambassador Bridge and Coutts crossing in Alberta, cross-border trade in Ontario and Alberta was up 16 per cent in February, compared to the same month last year, according to data from Statistics Canada.

And while some businesses were impacted by the blockades, the trade figures also raise questions about the government’s use of the Emergencies Act – a decision, in part, justified by “threats to (Canada’s) economic security” brought about by the blockades.

So Justin used the Emergencies Act to crush a citizens protest on behalf of a few corporate cronies.

Share

Lincoln Project shells out another $100,000 for some new mystery scandal

How gross do you have to be to be involved with the pervy, pervy Lincoln Project?

The scandal-plagued NGO of ex-Republicans devoted to destroying President Trump has seen its share of sex scandals involving one of its founders, John Weaver, harassing and soliciting unwilling young men and at least one 14-year-old boy. But that’s not their only scandal; there’s a new one involving mysterious payouts for some sort of bad behavior, and these scandals aren’t over.

Share